Q3. Why are the dissertations of certain universities impossible to find or incomplete?
In accordance with Article 16 of the amended Degree Authorization Act, the National Central Library is the only depository library for doctoral dissertations and master's theses in the country. Hence, beginning in 1997, some universities have not presented free copies of dissertations to NCCU:
- National Taiwan University: up till 1997.
- National Tsinghua University: up till 1995.
- Soochow University: up till 1996.
- Tunghai University: up till 1997.
- National Sun Yat-Sen University: up till 1997.
- Providence University: Incomplete collection since 1997. Did not present free dissertations in 1998. Reverted to presenting dissertations in 1999.
- Tamkang University: up till 1998.
In consideration of the trend of collection and digitization development, and the National Central Library's collection of national theses & dissertations, NCCU Library has stopped collecting dissertations and theses of other universities.
Q4. Why does the "National Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations in Taiwan" (NDLTD in Taiwan) of National Central Library have this dissertation, but I can't locate it in the Dah Hsian Seetoo Library, even the catalog of NCCU library?
The bibliographic records in “National Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations in Taiwan” (NDLTD in Taiwan) was provided by universities to National Central Library. Recent years, universities are no longer sending their dissertations to NCCU. Thus, if the dissertation comes from “NDLTD in Taiwan”, please check in the NCCU library catalog again, to confirm whether we have the dissertation or not.