The mission of NCCU Libraries is to provide comprehensive resources, advance the academic mission of the University and enrich the life of NCCU community.
In order to expand the reading resources, NCCU libraries cooperate with other local libraries by providing Interlibrary Loan (ILL) services.
I. How to Apply?
General Interlibrary Card
NCCU faculty, staff and currently enrolled students with a valid NCCU ID may request an Interlibrary Card at the Circulation Desk of the Main Library. However, your Library account has to be cleared before requesting the service.
You may request one Interlibrary Card for each cooperative library. However, you have to return all ILL materials to the originating library before requesting an Interlibrary Card of the same school.
ILL Borrowing Policies
The loan period of an Interlibrary Card is 3 working days.
An Interlibrary Card may borrow 5 items for a loan period of 3 weeks. Renewals and holds are however not available.
Nevertheless, the lending library determines the number of items and the loan period that you borrow through ILL.
You have to return the card and all ILL items before the due date or the borrowing privilege will be blocked for one month.
Please report to the Circulation Desk of the Main Library if you lose an Interlibrary Card. You are responsible for any costs charged by the lending libraries if the card is reported lost or fraudulent.
Faculty and Staff Members of Wenshan District Consortium
The loan period of an Interlibrary Card is one semester.
An Interlibrary Card may borrow 10 items for a lending period of 3 weeks.
NCCU faculty and staff with a valid NCCU ID may request an Interlibrary Card at the Circulation Desk of the Main Library.
N1 Interlibrary Card
Request an NI Interlibrary Card on line or download N1 APP (iOS or Android) to get a virtual borrowing card.
The lending library determines the number of item, the loan period and related fines or fees that you borrow through ILL.
II. ILL Libraries
- To borrow books from the following ILL libraries, you have to request a physical card in person at the Circulation Desk:
- 台大 National Taiwan University
- 師大 National Taiwan Normal University
- 世新 Shih Hsin University
- 華梵 Huafan University
- 東南科大 Tung Nan University
- 景文 JinWen University of Science and Technology (limited to faculties)
- 中國科大 China University of Technology
- 北商 National Taipei University of Business
- 德明 Takming University of Science and Technology
- 北醫 Taipei Medical University
- 台灣科大 National Taiwan University of Science and Technology
- 台北科大 National Taipei University of Technology
- 國北教 National Taipei University of Education
- 國防大學 National Defense University
- 台灣藝大 National Taiwan University of the Arts
- 戲曲學院 National Taiwan College of Performing Arts
- 文化 Chinese Culture University
- 中央研究院Academia Sinica (4 weeks)- 民族學研究所 Institute of Ethnology/ 歷史語言研究所傅斯年圖書館 Institute of History and Philology/ 歐美研究所 Institute of European and American Studies/ 人社中心 Research Center for Humanities and Social Sciences/ 人社聯圖 Joint Library of Humanities and Social Sciences/ 近史所 (faculty and graduate students only) Kuoting-Yee Library, Institute of Modern History/ 文哲所 Institute of Chinese Literature and Philosophy
- 元智 Yuan Ze University (4 weeks)
- 清大 National Tsing Hua University
- 交大 National Chiao Tung University
- 成大 National Cheng Kung University
- 中央 National Central University
- 中山 National Sun Yat-Sen University
- 暨南 National Chi Nan University
- 南台科大 Southern Taiwan University
- 東華 National Dong Hwa University
- 中原 Chung Yuan Christian University
- 逢甲 Feng Chia University
- 玄奘 Hsuan Chuang University
- 中興 National Chung Hsing University
- 高師大 National Kaohsiung Normal University
- 東海 Tunghai University
- 景文 JinWen University of Science and Technology
- 東吳 Soochow University
- 輔大 Fu Jen Catholic University
- 銘傳 Ming Chuan University
- 陽明 National Yang Ming University
- 北市大 University of Taipei
- 台北大學 National Taipei University
- 海洋 National Taiwan Ocean University
- 台北藝大 Taipei National University of the Arts
- 淡江 Tamkang University
III. Courtesy Returns
If you have borrowed an item directly from National Taiwan University Library or National Taiwan Normal University Library, you may use Interlibrary Return Services for courtesy return to the originating campus.
*Courtesy return, however, do not apply to overdue or due-today items.
You should abide by the lending library rules and Copyright Law.
You are responsible for any costs charged by the lending libraries for any overdue, lost or damaged items. NCCU library will suspend your borrowing privileges until you return the items.
V. Contact information
Circulation Desk of the Main Library
TEL: (02) 2939-3091 #63222