Q1. What is the administration procedure of books purchased with grants or by official subsidy?
Any books or printed materials purchased with grants (research equipment expenses only) or official subsidy belong to the NCCU and must be library collections. All purchased items should be sent to the libraries to be processed before applying and verifying the expenditure. For the expenditure verification, the following documents are required:
- the book list,
- a photocopy of the project contract or the budget approval list,
- expenditure verification documents (Receipts and invoices should be attached)
If a faculty member has any questions, please contact the Resources Acquisition Section (university extension number, 63001)
Q2. Why do the University's publications need to be assigned an International Standard Book Number(ISBN) and Government Publication Number(GPN), or an International Standard Serial Number(ISSN)? How does one apply for it?
To implement the acquisition and management of government publications, the authors of the publications who receive the University's subsidies shall apply for a Government Publications Number(GPN) and International Standard Book Number(ISBN), or International Standard Serial Number(ISSN) before publication.
- Procedure of application:
- ISBN/GPN : Please submit the ISBN/GPN application form, the title page of the book, copyright page, table of contents, and preface (or part of the content) to the library's Resources Acquisition Section for application, or email application form to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- ISSN: There is no an international standard journal numbering center in Taiwan, please prepare the documents and apply directly to the ISSN headquarters in France by e-mail, fax or post, or apply through a domestic bookseller.
- If you have any questions regarding the process, please contact the Resources Acquisition Section (university extension number, 62613).