National Chengchi University Libraries' Guidelines for Borrowing Discussion Rooms
Approved in Faculty Meeting on September 23, 2008
Revision Approved in Faculty Meeting on May 26 2009
Revision Approved in Faculty Meeting on March 9 2011
National Chengchi University Library (hereinafter referred to as Library) establish Discussion Room and Guidelines for Borrowing Discussion Rooms (hereinafter referred to as Guidelines) in order to facilitate NCCU faculty and students to make use of library resources for group educational research, academic discussion and film viewing.
II. Space and Facility
- Room A: for use of 5-10 people, equipped with tables and chairs, internet access, electricity, and projecting equipments (projector remote and connection wire can be borrowed at the reference desk).
- Room B: for use of 3-6 people, equipped with tables and chairs, internet access, electricity, and projecting equipments (projector remote and connection wire can be borrowed at the reference desk).
- Room C: for use of 3-6 people, equipped with a 42-inch LCD TV, a DVD player, a seat for six people, tables, internet access, and electricity (remote and head-set can be borrowed at the reference desk).
III. Qualification of Applicants
NCCU faculty and students can borrow the discussion room according to Guidelines.
IV. Application Procedure
- Online application: the applicant can use the Room Management System (hereinafter referred to as System) for online application. Every applicant can reserve two time slots every two week and each time slot can be no more than four hours.
- On-spot application: if the room is not in use or reserved, the applicant can bring his or her faculty ID or student ID to make application at the reference desk of digital resource learning corner. On-spot application can begin only on the start or half of an hour, for example, at nine o’clock sharp or nine thirty.
V. Open Hour
- During the semester: Sunday to Saturday, 8:30-21:30.
- Summer or winter vacation: See Library announcement.
- Holidays: the discussion rooms are not available on holidays.
- Library has the privilege to adjust the open hour of discussion room for special occasion. The change of open hour will be announced in advance.
VI. Other Important Issues
- The applicant should faithfully register all the group members’ faculty ID or student ID for entrance reference. When the information is any false, the registration will fail and the reservation will be cancelled. No objection or protest will be accepted under such conditions.
- Cancellation can be made by any member of the group and cannot be undone. Online cancellation should be completed no later than the day before reservation; same-day cancellation in advance by phone or in person will not be counted as non-attendance.
- Any three of the group member should bring their ID to the reference desk of digital resources learning area to complete the registration within 20 minutes before the reservation time. If the registration is less than three in 20 minutes, the system will automatically cancel the reservation of late registration and one non-attendance will be on record. Twice non-attendance will lead to a one-month forfeiture of registration.
- If the group holds less member than required, Library will cancel the reservation and impose a one-month forfeiture of registration on the applicants.
- Applicants cannot hold activities irrelative to the purpose of the discussion room. There is no allowance to smoking, food, noise or other improper behavior. Any violation will lead to reservation cancelled and a one-month forfeiture of registration.
- Applicants should recover and clean the room. Otherwise, one-month forfeiture of registration will be imposed.
- Applicant are liable to any facility damage caused by ill use. Facility that belongs to other place is not allowed to be brought to the discussion room without permission.
- In consideration of Copyright Law, only visual /audio documents labeled for Public Use from Library are permitted to be displayed in the discussion room. Violations will be imposed on a three-month forfeiture of registration. Applicants are liable to legal penalty resulted to their own behavior.
- Please see Guidelines for Dealing with User’s Violations of the Rules for further details.
VII. The Guideline is approved by Library faulty meeting and be in effect. Revision is applied to the same procedure.