Books Circulation Service
- The University faculty, staff and students may borrow books in person at any of the University's libraries during the stipulated times using their faculty or staff ID, student ID or library card.
- The number of books and loan period available for the University faculty, staff and students shall be as follows:
- Full time Faculty and research fellows may have 80 items check out. The loan period for most monographs is 12 weeks.
- Graduate students may have 50 items check out. The loan period for most monographs is 8 weeks.
- Undergraduate students may have 30 items check out. The loan period for most monographs is 4 weeks.
- Full time Staff may have 50 items check out. The loan period for most monographs is 8 weeks.
- Other patrons (ex. Part-time faculty, retired faculty and staff, Visiting scholars) with borrowing privileges may have 20 items check out. The loan period for most monographs is 4 weeks.
- Alumni with borrowing privileges may have 10 items check out. The loan period for most monographs is 3 weeks.
- If you have any question about your borrowing privileges, please contact us at 02-2939091 ext. 63222 or email to email@example.com
- Shorter loan period for reserved books:
- If you are checking out a book already been requested by another user, the loan period will be reduced to 28 days for full-time faculty and research fellow, and 14 days for other user categories.
- If someone has requested an item you have on loan, the loan period won't be changed. However, you will receive an email notice informing you to return the book as soon as possible.
- The loan period may be modified for the special collection if other standards have been specified.
- Borrowing restrictions:
The effective period for graduate students shall be temporarily set as four years for master and undergraduate students and seven years for doctoral students. The general effective period for undergraduate students is four years. Students who fail to graduate within the effective period or on leave of absence shall apply for an extension with their student ID at the circulation desk of any library or the main Library after registering for the new semester.
- Reference books, periodicals, academic journals, newspapers, audio-visual materials and microforms are restricted for use only in the library. Please abide by the relevant rules if you wish to photocopy these materials.
- Books borrowed from one library may be returned to any of the NCCU libraries.
You may return borrowed material to any NCCU branch library near you.
- Books may be returned outside of library service hours by depositing them at the book drop station. If you would like to return books when the library is closed, you may return books at the book drop station located at the Main Library or any branch library. The library will handle all returns during office hours.
The date of return will be the previous working day (excluding Saturdays and Sundays).
- Readers shall extend the loan period during the second half of the loan period. The new due date shall be calculated from the date of the extension.
- Readers may extend the loan period online without visiting the library in person.
- Restrictions on loan extensions: Loan extension is not allowed under any of the following conditions
- For overdue books.
- For books that have been reserved by other readers.
- The loan period has already been extended twice.
- The reader has been suspended from borrowing books.
- For books whose loan period has been extended twice, readers may continue to borrow the books by returning the books in person at the library and borrow the books again if the books have not been reserved by other readers.
V. Late Returning Books
- Please search for the book that you want to borrow by using the library collection catalogue. If the book has been checked out, please click [Request] icon and enter your library account number and password. If there is more than one copy of the book, you may select one of the copies and click the [submit] icon.
- Full-time faculty and researchers may place holds on up to 20 items. Other patrons who can check out more than 10 items may place holds on up to 10 items, while those who can check out less than 10 items may only place holds on up to 5 items. Inter-library card holders are not allowed to reserve books. The library shall only accept reservations for books that have been checked out, ordered or being processed for cataloguing.
- When the reserved book arrives at the library, the library will notify the reader via email and the system will also automatically send a message to the reader's personal borrowing records. Readers who do not leave an email address at the library shall check their personal borrowing records on the Web site. Those who fail to pick up reserved material seven days after it has arrived at the library shall forfeit their rights; the library will notify readers according to the order of reservation or return the book to the library shelves.
VI. Replacement for Lose/Damaged Book
- Checked-out library materials must be returned within the stipulated time period. For overdue materials, the library shall terminate the reader's borrowing rights and impose a late penalty charge. Each volume (piece) of library materials shall be charged NT$5 per overdue day. This shall exclude dates for which the library is closed, Saturdays and Sundays. The grace period for overdue books is three days. A late penalty charge shall be imposed on the fourth day starting at NT$20.
- A late penalty charge of NT$5 per overdue hour shall be imposed on each volume (item) of library materials on overnight loan until the day (hour) the materials have been returned.
- You are not allowed to borrow books if you still have outstanding overdue books or unpaid late penalty charges. Also, you are not allowed to extend the loan period of any checked-out material or reserve books.
- Please proceed to the library immediately to complete the replacement procedures if borrowed books are lost. The replacement procedures shall be made before the due date. In addition, any late penalty charges must be paid.
- Complete form
- Purchase the book
- Purchase and hand the book to the library; if the book cannot be purchased, compensate by cash.
- Compensation Principles
- Compensation by materials
- Books〔including book series and book sets〕or periodicals shall be compensated by a new copy of the original edition. Audio-visual materials shall be compensated by legitimate public presentation edition materials; books may be compensated by the new edition or an old copy of the original edition upon agreement of the library.
- The compensated materials must comply with the regulations of the Copyright Act and may not have marks, comments, stains, folded corners, torn pages, etc.
- Appendices shall be compensated by the original edition. New edition materials must be compensated together with the main materials.
- The procedures for compensation by materials shall be completed within one month for local publications and three months for foreign publications.
- The processing fee is NT$100 for each volume (item). An additional binding fee of NT$300 shall be charged for each volume for bound volumes of periodicals.
- Compensation by cash
- For prices that can be tracked, Chinese materials shall be compensated at three times of the fixed price (the basic price shall be multiplied by 50 times to obtain the price of the materials; the fixed price of materials published in Mainland China shall be converted into New Taiwan dollars and the amount multiplied by 20 times. The minimum compensation amount is NT$2,000 for materials less than NT$2,000; foreign language materials shall be compensated by three times the actual price.
- For prices that cannot be tracked, Chinese materials, materials published in Mainland China and foreign language materials shall be charged NT$1,000, NT$2,000 and NT$4,000, respectively, for each volume.
- If any volume (item) of a book series or book set or audio-visual material set is lost or damaged, the original book shall be purchased for compensation. If the material is not available for sale separately, the amount of compensation shall be calculated by the price of the book series or book set or audio-visual material set; the obligator, after making the compensation, shall not keep the remaining books, or remaining volumes of book sets or audio-visual materials.
- Compensation of special materials: Special edition materials (including rare editions) and art painting collections shall be compensated according to the value determined on a case-by-case basis.
【Contact Information】Circulation Desk of the Main Library: 02-29393091Ext. 63222 firstname.lastname@example.org