The Library subscribes to various Chinese and Foreign newspapers published domestically and abroad, available to anyone wishing to keep up with trends around the world:
- Chinese newspapers published dometically:
- Newspapers within the last three months are kept on 2F in the Main Library.
- Over three months’ newspapers are bound and preserved in the DHL.
- Foreign newspapers published abroad:
- Newspapers within the most recent three months (1 year for Russian newspapers) are kept adjacent to the counter for periodicals on 2F in the Main Library.
- After three months (1 year for Russian newspapers) newspapers are bound and sent to the Social Sciences Information Center.
- In addition to hard copies, an online search engine is available in the database for newspapers.
- Microfilm newspapers
- That are held in the Social Sciences Information Center, including the following six: Central Daily News, China Times, Independent Evening News, United Daily News, Taiwan Shin Sheng Daily News, and China Daily News . (For details on collections, please contact 1F Microfilm Room in the Social Sciences Information Center, ext. 62950.)
- Newspaper Microfilms are preserved in the Social Science Information Center. The collection includes 67 titles in Chinese and Japanese, and 23 titles in Western language.
Newspaper Check List