I would like to know how the library handles books recommended for purchase?
- The library shall decide whether to purchase general books or not depending on the nature and content of the book and the budget.
- Academic books are purchased using the budget allocated by each department and institute. Hence, the recommended materials are transferred to each department or institute for approval before purchasing them.
- New local Chinese books arrive at the library between one to three weeks on average after ordering them.
- Books from Mainland China, Japan and Korea arrive at the library between two to four months on average after ordering them.
- Foreign language books arrive at the library between three to six months on average after ordering them.
- If you would like to know the current status of the books or periodicals that you have recommended, please check the library recommendation for purchase. For foreign-language books, please call: university extension number 62611. For Chinese-language books, please call: 67140