NCCU Library Guidelines for Purchase Request
In order to advance the collection development and fulfill the information need of NCCU Library users, Guidelines for Purchase Request is formulated.
NCCU Library users are all welcomed to recommend books, periodicals or databases by following the Guidelines.
If recommendations are aimed at supporting teaching and research requirements of the NCCU teachers and students, they will be referred to the related departments for evaluation and purchase. General recommended materials will be purchased by Library fund. (The budget to purchase recommendations is accounted for 5% of total Library fund.)
NCCU Library users are welcomed to use approaches as following to recommend materials:
1. Logging in NCCU Library Purchase Request System.
2. Filling out purchase request form at information counters of NCCU Library.
3. Sending e-mail to library.
1. All recommendations must fit criteria for NCCU Library collection development policy; recommended materials might be rejected due to their irrelevance to the policy.
2. NCCU Library will not purchase materials against copyright law, materials related to violence and vulgarity.
3. Recommendations related to controversial contexts will be reviewed by NCCU Library and departments.
4. Book recommendation:
(1). Each NCCU Library user can recommend at most 20 items per month; the recommendation will be evaluated by Library and departments.
(2). Please check the Library catalog before recommending any materials since NCCU Library might have copies. For recommendations in Chinese, 5 copies are allowed to purchase, for those in foreign languages, 3 copies.
(3). Once the recommended material is purchased, Library user who recommends it could be the first to request.
5. Periodicals and newspapers recommendation:
Each NCCU Library user can recommend one item per year; the recommendation will be evaluated by Library and departments.
6. Database recommendation:
(1). It is prioritized to purchase campus edition.
(2).Database without software/hardware support will be rejected.
The operation procedure
1. If recommendations are aimed at supporting teaching and research requirements of the NCCU teachers and students, they will be referred to the related departments for evaluation and purchase.
2. Recommendations which are referred to related departments will be rejected if related departments do not inform Library about the follow-up in 3 weeks.
3. Recommendations might be suspended once the Library fund is ran out.
Guidelines for Purchase Request is passed and conducted by NCCU Library Committee. Committee reserves the right to revise Guidelines.