NCCU Library

:::
View count: 375

1954~1981

1954.04

The Library was established under the Office of Studies when National Chengchi University was reactivated. 2,460 volumes of Chinese and English books were allocated for storage by the Ministry of Education. Professor Cha Lai-Lung was invited to serve as Head of the Library.

1958

The Library Building was constructed. An additional 11,938 volumes of Chinese and English books were allocated by the Ministry of Education.

1959.10

The Library was authorized as independent unit and Prof. Ho Jin-Chang was invited to serve as Director.

1959.11

The Library committee was founded.

1961.12

The Journalism Hall was completed with a library for readers.

1962.03

The Social Sciences Information Center was activated.

1971.04

Prof. Chao Lai-Lung was invited to serve as Director of the Library.

1971.05

The World Matches Exhibition was held. An exhibition of a collection of rarities possessed by the Fang family of Hangchow country was held.

1974.02

The Working Group for the New Library Building Construction Project was set up. Back issues of periodicals were transferred to the Social Sciences Information Center for collective management.

1976.07

Construction began on the new building of the Library (Chungcheng Library).

1977.05

The first floor of new Library was opened to readers and a bronze statue of President Chiang Kai-shek was unveiled at the opening ceremony.

1978.09

A “seminar on College, University and Academic Library Facilities” was sponsored by the Library A library Building Facilities Information Exhibition and Library Equipment Exhibition was held.
A fumigated room was built at the top of the Library to protect collections from insect damage.

1978.12

The 1978 Annual Conference of College, University and Academic Library Directors was held.

1990.09

2,095 books related to social sciences were donated to the University by Political Advisor Mr. Chen Li-Fu and were placed in the Social Sciences Information Center.

1980.11

A ceremony celebrating Mr. Chen’s donation was held with President Ou Yang of the University presiding. A silver medal was presented to Mr. Chen in appreciation for his contribution.

1981.08

The microform room of the Library was expanded.